Thursday, May 15, 2014

Wearable Art

mail.jpg
My piece is supposed to be a headband that resembles the colors of sunrise to sunset.

Artists Develop Art Making Skills

Did you learn new techniques or processes as part of the work for this project? Yes, I learned how to tie dye and how to make the dye colors. I laid down the headband in a bucket and I made the colors fade into each other. We used yellow, blue, and fuchsia.

Did you gain skill with familiar materials? I became familiar with tie dying and making the dye colors fade into each other. I also started to become familiar with making the dye colors.

Artists Reflect

When did you step back and analyze you work during this project? I truly analyzed my piece whenever I washed out all of the excess dye from my headband and realized that the colors didn't blend well. It turned out to be more of a purple blend.

Did you consider how ideas would work before you tried them? Yes, I was a little hesitant on whether or not the colors would blend well but overall I thought that it would work out better than it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment